The Thirteenth-ranked Florida State Seminoles will face off in opposition to the Oklahoma Sooners (6-6, 3-6-Huge 12) on Thursday within the Cheez-It Bowl, from the Tenting World Stadium in Orlando. The sport kicks off at 5:30 p.m. and will likely be televised on the ESPN community for a nationwide tv viewers who will likely be watching the one sport on the town.
Florida State will likely be trying to complete with a 10-win remaining season report for the primary time since 2016.
The Noles will likely be taking part in of their forty ninth postseason sport in program historical past and are 29-17-2 all-time in bowl video games, together with 3-0 in Orlando in what’s now the Cheez-It Bowl (1990 Blockbuster, 24-17 vs. Penn State; 2008 Champs Sports activities, 42-13 vs. Wisconsin; 2011 Champs Sports activities, 18-14 vs. Notre Dame).
The Seminoles (9-3, 5-3) will attempt to break the Sooners’ present 6-game successful streak in opposition to FSU, within the fifth assembly between the 2 packages in bowl video games.
Oklahoma gained the Orange Bowl after the 1979, 1980 and 2000 seasons, and FSU beat OU within the Gator Bowl following the 1964 season. Throughout that 1965 Gator Bowl sport, Corridor of Famer Fred Biletnikoff set then-school data with 13 catches for 192 yards and 4 TDs to steer FSU to a 36-19 win.
Florida State is the one staff within the nation ranked within the top-10 in yards per play on offense and protection. The Seminoles are ninth nationally with a mean of 6.86 yards per play and tenth permitting a mean of 4.73 yards per play.
The Seminoles have outscored their opponents 218-77 through the present 5 sport successful streak and outgained them 2,453 to 1,363 in whole offensive yards.
Florida State is holding opponents to solely 139 speeding yards and 159 passing yards per sport, and are ranked 14th within the FBS in yards per sport on protection.
Some precious info has come out of Orlando, the place beat writers had been strongly suggested by “The Cheez-It Cartel” that the phrase “Cheez-Its” will not be right and shouldn’t be used, they usually have been adamant about stressing this level on a number of events,
Apparently, one “Cheez-It” is named a “Cheez-It.”
A couple of “Cheez-It” is to not be known as “Cheez-Its,” as an alternative in accordance with their enforcers, you might be to name them “Cheez-It Crackers.”
Actually precious info: A Cheez-It Bowl consultant advised me final night time that there is no such thing as a such factor as “Cheez-Its.”
One Cheez-It’s a Cheez-It. Two or extra of the Cheez-It are known as “Cheez-It crackers,” not Cheez-Its.
— Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) December 27, 2022
Your Tomahawk Nation workers, as they do earlier than each sport, have damaged down all of the FSU and Oklahoma sport movie obtainable, charted every All-22 formations/snaps, carried out A.I. digital simulations, compiled the entire information, and have come to the conclusion that the Noles are going to win, in all probability by double digits.
In response to DraftKings, FSU is presently a 9.5-point favourite over Oklahoma with the over/underneath set at 66 factors.
- Learn what your TOMAHAWK NATION PROGNOSTICATORS take into consideration this Saturday’s showdown.
- Then look over and digest the entire FREE PREGAME CONTENT we’ve posted beneath.
- We might love to listen to your ideas on the way you anticipate the sport to go and your remaining rating prediction within the feedback.
- Tommy Mire (season report: 9-3)
The way in which the latter half of the season has gone for Florida State has landed them in Orlando with momentum and I believe that it carries over in Orlando. The attract of 10 wins has saved many of the staff targeted and with Jordan Travis returning subsequent 12 months I don’t see the staff taking this sport evenly. That, paired with some key gamers out on each side of the ball for the Sooners, suggestions it within the Noles’ favor.
FSU 38, Oklahoma 28
Oklahoma has been a thorn in FSU’s facet for a minute so it’s time for the ‘Noles to get their lick again. Brent Venables is recruiting properly and if he places collectively just a few extra lessons like the present one they’ll do properly within the SEC however this 12 months’s Oklahoma staff will not be solely short-handed however missing expertise. They merely would not have sufficient to compete with an FSU staff poised for its first 10-win season since 2016 and taking part in its greatest ball of the season.
FSU and Jordan Travis will use the sport as a springboard for an offseason filled with hype. All of the aboard the Climb, ‘Noles roll.
FSU 48 Oklahoma 24
- Brian Pellerin (season report: 10-2)
That is fairly easy to me. Oklahoma continues to be making an attempt to determine what they’re underneath Brent Venables. Florida State has discovered an identification and are completely thriving in it. Dominant win for the Noles.
FSU 39, Oklahoma 13
The Seminoles head to Orlando to face a weak Oklahoma Sooners staff that’s had their justifiable share of ups and downs in 2022.
Oklahoma will likely be with out a number of key gamers within the lineup and the Noles are near full energy. Florida State ought to have each starter obtainable on the offensive finish, giving them one other likelihood to often put the ball ultimately zone.
OU might give FSU some bother if Dillon Gabriel connects for some deep passes, however that gained’t be sufficient to compete for 4 quarters.
FSU 38, OU 21
- Evan Johnson (season report: 5-2)
The purpose of this sport is to outlive with no long run accidents. That is the cherry on prime.
After a 9 win season and good signing day, extra switch portal than prep however no matter works, FSU has a bunch of momentum going into the low season.
I’d assume FSU would deal with OU this 12 months and with so many maintain outs for the Sooners it must be even simpler. OU will possible rating however can they sustain? I’m not so positive.
FSU 45, OU 28
- TimScribble (season report: 9-3)
This one’s for all of the cheez-it(s?). On Thursday, right here’s hoping that FSU wakes up on Thursday feeling the cheesiest. Oklahoma’s coordinators are two of the perfect (Venables and Lebby) and with a month of prep time, they’ll be prepared for the Seminoles. Ultimately, I believe the exodus of Sooners pre-bowl would be the distinction and FSU pulls out the win.
FSU 28, Oklahoma 17
- Jon Marchant (season report: 10-2)
Should you listened to the Seminole Wrap podcast this season you’ll have heard me promise this was gonna be a enjoyable season, even after some robust losses. And whereas they fell wanting a few of their convention targets, a enjoyable 12 months it completely was. FSU exceeded all expectations (aside from maybe those the staff set for themselves). With a 9-win season underneath their belts, a brand new recruiting class and one other prime switch portal class, FSU lastly has program momentum. Religion in Mike Norvell has paid off.
With that stated, with a lot day off since their win over the Gators, offenses can typically not journey properly in bowl video games. Nonetheless, Venables has not acquitted himself properly to this point in Norman and the Sooners had an up-and-down season. FSU is the higher staff and I believe they’ll win this one, although win or lose this sport FSU is poised for a run at a convention championship subsequent season ed by a powerhouse offense. However a ten-win season on the books would look awfully good.
FSU 33, Oklahoma 24
Juan Montalvo (Season Document 69-0)
DNA. Deoxyribonucleic acid. It’s the code that drives the genetics of a person. In a university soccer program, it’s the shared code that drives the ethos of this system.
As within the particular person, as in this system. Mike Norvell has stamped his specific sequence of ACTG blocks upon this staff. A resilient group certainly, Norvell’s Seminoles are as unconventional as was their coach’s haircut in faculty.
Unconventionally profitable, utilizing the switch portal to unlock the expertise and fill within the holes of the roster, Norvell has acted like a contemporary geneticist (sans cornrows) utilizing CRISPR as a device to repair the genetic code of a beforehand stagnating Seminoles soccer program.
In the meantime in Norman, the departure of Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams has seemingly ripped away the successful DNA laid down by the seed of Lincoln Riley and Bob Stoops prior.
I had extra in my head however this can be a cheese snack bowl so f it
Noles 62, Sooners 11
- FrankDNole (season report: 11-3)
That is going to be enjoyable and the gamers deserve all the eye and accolades they’re getting for exceeding most Nole followers expectations for this season.
It is going to be nice to lastly get a win in opposition to OU, and I anticipate that by the fourth quarter the sport will likely be in rubbish time, the long run gamers get extra precious taking part in expertise, and hold the draft eligible gamers, who determined to play within the bowl, secure and wholesome.
FSU Seminoles 45, Sooners 21
- Perry Kostidakis (season report 11-1)
Bowl video games are humorous, as a result of in contrast to when the gentle issue of “who desires it extra” is commonly floated, there are precise events the place one staff has been utterly disinterested and the opposite able to roll, resulting in hilarious outcomes (see: Florida in its final three bowl appearances).
Whereas Oklahoma has struggled, lack of motivation doesn’t seem like at play right here — however they are going to be with no unfold of gamers, together with 4 starters in offensive tackles Anton Harrison and Wanya Morris, operating again Eric Grey and defensive sort out Jalen Redmond.
FSU, in the meantime, has had no opt-outs from main contributors (the one gamers lacking from the Cheez-It Bowl roster have entered the switch portal) and is trying on the sport as a stepping stone for 2023. The Seminoles performed like a prime 15 staff all season, have earned a rating to mirror that and now will get to showcase it in opposition to a big-name in a Sunshine State sport. FSU will likely be an excessive amount of, too quick for the Sooners and whereas issues may take just a little bit to get out of hand, Florida State ought to win handily and prepare to return to Tenting World to kick off 2023 in opposition to LSU.
FSU 48, Oklahoma 24
Florida State Seminoles vs. Oklahoma Sooners
Pre-Recreation Protection from Tomahawk Nation
- FSU Matchups and Reminiscences: Having a look on the sequence historical past between FSU vs. Oklahoma-A have a look at the historical past between Florida State and the Sooners
- Press convention transcript: Florida State Seminoles vs. Oklahoma Sooners with head coach Mike Norvell-“Our guys have embraced it”
- FSU Gamers: RB Lawrance Toafili, OL Maurice Smith, and WR Johnny Wilson speak bowl prep after practice-“We’re locked in for positive. All people has received an excellent mindset; approaching it the suitable manner, so I be ok with it for positive”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks bowl sport, Signing Day after Monday practice-“They’ve received the suitable mindset, they’ve received the suitable coronary heart, they’re excited in regards to the route of the place we’re going, and it positively fires me up
- Betting: Vegas favourite, over/underneath, odds: FSU vs. Oklahoma in Cheez-It Bowl-Florida State Seminoles set to tackle Oklahoma Sooners in Cheez-It Bowl
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Norvell talks bowl prep, switch portal, and extra after Sunday practice-“As soon as we wrap up right here, I’m sprinting. I’m gonna be on the highway, and I’ve loads of issues that I’ve received to do”
- TN Employees Predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Oklahoma Sooners–Since 1980 the Seminoles have performed in 39 bowl video games and gained 26 of these, which is essentially the most within the nation
- How To Watch: FSU vs. Oklahoma: Recreation time, TV schedule, streaming and more-Florida State Seminoles face off in opposition to the Oklahoma Sooners within the Cheez-It Bowl
- Depth Chart: FSU releases projected Cheez-It Bowl depth chart vs. Oklahoma-A have a look at the Florida State Seminoles depth chart forward sport vs. the Oklahoma Sooners
- Re-establishing the usual: Latest FSU gamers weigh in on 2022 season-The place are the Noles headed within the close to future?
- Blockbuster, blowouts and Rashad Greene: FSU’s historical past within the Cheez-It Bowl-Florida State Seminoles soccer is 3-0 within the sport
- Mindset and strategy: Norvell, gamers speak prep for Oklahoma-“We’re in full pads and it’s bowl season. That makes a press release in itself”
- Florida State vs. Wyoming: The story of FSU’s solely Christmas bowl game-Jingle Joints all the way in which
- Seminole Wrap: How is FSU making ready for the Cheez-It Bowl? Plus Jordan Travis, different leaders announce return for 2023
- FSU Gamers: Kalen DeLoach, Akeem Dent, and Robert Cooper converse on FSU’s bowl practice-Seminoles speak significance of bowl sport
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: “I would like that aggressive spirit:” Mike Norvell pushing staff forward of Oklahoma showdown-“I would like guys to have the ability to go compete, and there have been some good teachable moments”
- FSU Gamers: “Unfinished enterprise:” Jordan Travis, Mycah Pittman, and D’Mitri Emmanuel speak return for 2023, making ready for Oklahoma-Florida State seems to be to win 10 video games for first time since 2016
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Norvell recaps Friday apply, bowl prep-“It’s nonetheless a giant deal with ourselves, our fundaments, and the issues we have to do”
- FSU Gamers: Trey Benson, Tatum Bethune, and Robert Scott speak after FSU’s first bowl practice-Star Seminoles speak postseason soccer
- “He’s completed it the suitable manner:” Brent Venables compliments Mike Norvell, FSU forward of bowl game-Florida State Seminoles are set to tackle Oklahoma Sooners in Cheez-It Bowl
- “It is a showcase sport:” Mike Norvell excited for FSU’s likelihood to complete robust vs. Oklahoma-Seminoles set to face the Oklahoma Sooners in Orlando
- FSU to play Oklahoma Sooners in Cheez-It Bowl-Seminole set for first postseason look underneath Mike Norvell
- FSU heads into postseason as No. 13 staff in Faculty Soccer Playoff rankings-Seminoles end 12 months as prime 15 staff
- *THE NEW RECRUITING THREAD #21 is up– NoleThruandThru and Josh Decide hold you updated on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all issues referring to Florida State soccer recruiting –Florida State Soccer: OFFICIAL Tribe ‘23 Recruiting and Portal Thread #21
Odds/strains are topic to vary. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for particulars.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours