As latest Southwest cancellations and delays proceed to wreak havoc on vacation journey schedules, misplaced baggage is piling up at airports throughout the nation.
Huge image: Southwest Airways’ flight cancellation drawback, attributable to excessive winter climate however exacerbated by the airline’s enterprise mannequin and outdated methods, has left some passengers stranded with out luggage and discover them. I have no idea.
newest: Southwest Airways canceled 2,362 flights by 10 a.m. ET Thursday, in keeping with FlightAware knowledge. This corresponds to roughly 58% of operations. One other 61 flights had been delayed.
Southwest’s Misplaced Baggage Pile Up
What we see: confusion.
- Southwest Airways advised Axios in an electronic mail on Thursday that it did not have to share the precise variety of the lacking bundle.However Photo When video View piles and piles of baggage stacked exterior a nationwide baggage declare carousel.
- Safety guards and law enforcement officials watch over luggage that arrive earlier than their homeowners. Passengers are queuing to seek for their lacking baggage. Additionally, some passenger luggage are shifting to different areas of the airport to make approach for extra luggage.
- Southwest Airways passenger Crystal Muñoz advised USA In the present day at Honolulu Worldwide Airport: “Anybody might have taken any bag.”
a whole lot I used to be ready in line at St. Louis Lambert Worldwide Airport earlier this week to seek out my lacking baggage, in keeping with KSDK.
- Strains grew so lengthy that Southwest representatives started telling vacationers to go dwelling and receiving cellphone calls about their baggage, the company stated.
in Dallas, Baggage piled up and remained unclaimed at Dallas Love Area. Passengers reported discovering one of many luggage, however the others are nonetheless lacking.
- “They stated don’t fret your bag will get to Dallas earlier than you, and I used to be like, ‘That does not make sense,’ however we obtained right here.” Our luggage weren’t right here on the time, he advised KDFW.
1 passenger She advised WKRN at Nashville Worldwide Airport that every one her garments had been in her misplaced bag, so she went to Goal to purchase garments.
in Denver, In response to Denver 7, passengers are holding onto chairs whereas ready for his or her baggage.
- Passenger Patricia Barnes advised an ABC Information affiliate, “I give them the advantage of the doubt that they’re working arduous, however I hope they discover my baggage too.
and one science instructor Brittany Loubier-Vervisch grew to become the hero of the day by sifting by means of “baggage armageddon” on the Tampa Worldwide Airport, texting passengers to allow them to know their baggage had arrived.
what’s occurring: Delays and cancellations are impacting vacationers and their schedules.
- One of many passengers, Taylor Harris, advised the Chicago Solar-Instances that he and his youngsters sat on the gate for 2 hours on a flight to Raleigh, North Carolina, which was canceled with out an announcement from Southwest brokers. Instructed.
- Some passengers are taking issues into their very own arms. Cameron Wright advised her ABC 11 in North Carolina that she purchased a brand new automobile to keep away from the chaos of touring on the airport.
- Wright stated he went to a close-by dealership and bought a Toyota Camry, including that he obtained a quote of $2,400 for the rental.
Southwest Refunds, Refunds Accessible
What’s subsequent: Southwest now has a self-service software that enables prospects affected by journey disruptions to submit refund requests or rebook flights.
Particulars from Axios:
+ There are no commentsAdd yours